This is a degree program that prepares a student for careers in business to working both the public and private sectors of the economy. The program aims to provide with skills to conceptualize solutions to business and management problems and to enhance self-confidence and ability to critically evaluate management issues from academic and practical perspectives.
Why Is It Marketable?
- If you specialize in accounting, you will stand a better chance of being a CEO in your organization.
- If you specialize in finance, proceed to a master’s in finance, this will lead you to faster career growth.
- You can specialize in Insurance if you wish to work in the insurance sector.
- Accounting and Finance graduates may also opt to specialize in auditing which pays well if you secure your employment infamous audit firms.
Candidates shall be required to have any of the qualifications:
- Mean grade of KCSE C+ or equivalent with at least C in Mathematics or English.
- An advanced level certificate with 2 principal passes and a credit passion Mathematics at ‘O’ level.
- Degree from a recognized university.
- Diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution OR CPA/CPS part II or equivalent with at least a mean grade of C (plain) in Mathematics and English.
- Mean Grade of C- at KCSE and progressed from certificate to diploma in any accredited institutions.
Course Structure And Duration
Students are expected to take 49 units for them to qualify for graduation.
The course extends for 4 academic year
Where Offered In Kenya
- Kenyatta University
- University of Nairobi
- KCA University
- University of Eldoret
- Jomo Kenyatta University
- Strathmore University
- Egerton University, Nakuru
A bachelor’s in Commerce is indeed marketable if you study up to the master’s level and with accredited universities in Kenya.