The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) application portal for the 2021 KCSE candidates is currently opened and may be closed in the next five days. candidates are still advised to submit their applications through the portal to get a chance in the institutions of higher learning.
Students who managed to score C+ and above, still have a chance to apply for degree programs in different universities and technical universities across the country and those with C plain and below can still apply for TVET institutions.
the process of the application is simple and can be done easily using any smart device with access to the internet. Below is a breakdown on how to apply for university and colleges:
- Click here to Log in to the student’s portal using your credentials – key in your KCSE index as shown bellow.
- Candidates who sat for their KCSE in the previous years i.e.. From 2000 to 2020 can as well apply for placement into the higher learning institutions. For this case, you will have to key in your KCSE year i.e. 2009.
- Your birth certificate number will acts as the password. you can as well use your KCPE index number as the password. Candidates who sat for KCPE exams in the year 2011 and bellow should not include the county code in the index when keying in your password. i.e. 72613xxxxx instead of 41726xxxx
- You will notice that all programmes have minimum subject requirements. You are only able to apply for courses whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection is determined by the overall performance and the available capacity in an institution.
- Before adding your selections in to the basket, make sure you update your details. This include your email address, phone number, parent/guardian’s phone number and your physical address.
- Click on the ‘Programmes’ tab to view available courses and their requirements. You can also search for courses by institution, using the ‘Institutions’ tab.
- You may move the ones that interest you into the ‘’Course Basket to enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final one.
- After selecting your preferred courses, add them to the basket and confirm if you qualify for each of them.
- Since you will be required to enter the ‘Programme Codes’, note down the codes as show above in the order of your preference.
- To apply, use the ‘Application/Revision’ tab then click on “Apply Now”.
- Enter the programme codes you had noted down prior.
- After confirming the codes entered against the courses, click on “submit”.
- You will be prompted with the pay bill number and the total amount you are will have to pay and the account number to complete the application.
- Follow the application fee payment instructions. Students applying for the first time pay Ksh.1,500 while those revising pay Ksh.1,000.
- Copy the M-PESA transaction code and paste in the box then click submit. This may take up to 3 minutes to become successful.
- How to pay for KUCCPS placement application via M-PESA:
- Go to your Lipa na M-Pesa menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820211
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send.